How to choose a Consultant
and What to Expect
Choosing a Consultant is not always Easy. There are many Practitioners Advertising at this time. Some have been Trained by Feng Shui Masters, many have not. Here are some questions to ask to help you to Decide which Practitioner to Use:
- Do they Practice Traditional Chinese Feng Shui?
- Were they Trained by a Recognised Feng Shui Master?
- For how long and to what level did they train with this master?
- How to you Feel when Talking with them?
- Do they Claim to do the Impossible?
What Tools will they Use to Assess your Building?
Whilst there are many Individual Methods or Ideas promoted by Different Masters and Practitioners, those who use the Time, Space, Compass School of Feng Shui will use a Compass to Determine the Buildings Orientation a “LoPan” to help with the Calculations Essential to a True Feng Shui Analysis.
I personally also carry an Electromagnetic Field Tester. This is not something all Practitioners Carry or Feel is Necessary but my feeling is that with the Increasing Electromagnetic Radiation that is Invading our Environment through Electronic Devices of all Kinds, it helps to Identify Possible Stress Areas within a Home or Business. Whilst Not Necessary for the Traditional Analysis due to the fact that it wasn’t a Problem until Electronics became such an Integral Part of our Life, I find it helps with Positioning Furniture in a Healthy way.
What is Needed to Assess your Building?
To undertake an Analysis using the Comprehensive Time, Space, Compass School a Practitioner will need:
- A Scale Floor Plan of your Home or Business premises
- Where Renovations or Extensions have been carried out the Plans should clearly show the Original Building and the Renovations
- The Year the Building was Built
- The Year in which Renovations or Extensions were Undertaken
(This information is usually accessible from your Local Council or Lands Title Department)
- The Date of Birth of all Occupants in a Home or the Date of Birth of the Owner/Operator of the Business and 4 Key personnel.
IF a Consultant Does Not Ask you for these things it would be my Recommendation that they may not use the most Comprehensive Method of Feng Shui.